Anavra on international media
- Published: Thursday, 05 July 2012 07:40
The case of Anavra in the middle of crisis continues to preoccupy the media. Especially lately has troubled the European media, which they do a story on the economic crisis in Greece make reference to Anavra as a positive signal of operation and development.
On 13.06.2012, four days before the elections, the BBC television crew was in Anavra to record the political movement in a remote but well-known place of Greece. Head of the group was the reporter PAUL MASON who was accompanied by a cameraman and two other women journalists, and who facilitated the communication with the residents of Anavra. The story (for the show “Newsnight”) that made was related to the development of Anavra and current issues surrounding the elections.
An interview of the Chairman of ANAVRA-ZO (and former President of the Community of Anavra) Dimitris Tsoukalas has been broadcasted on 14.06.2012 by the German State Radio (ARD Bayerischer Rundfunk www.br.de), which has been conducted by the journalist Alkioni Karamanoli.
Furthermore, journalists of European newspapers located in Athens, on the occasion of the parliamentary elections of May 6th, visited Anavra to see the work carried out here and to interview Dimitris Tsoukalas. Specifically on Saturday, April 28th 2012 a group of Dutch newspaper journalists (NRC.NL) led by MARLOES DE KONING arrived at Anavra, and on Sunday, April 29th 2012 another group led by journalist MARIA JOAO GUIMARAES the newspaper PORTUGUESE PUBLICO (www.ublico.pt) visited our village. They paid much attention on the development of Anavra and the green development projects that have been implemented; there was also great interest from their side for estimation of the President regarding the election results.
Foreign television networks have also shown great interest on Anavra. A Danish crew on 27.01.2012 of State TV (Link: http://dr.dk/nyheder) under the reporter JAKOB ILLEBORG came to Anavra to interview Mr. Tsoukalas. The next day on 28.01.2012 a crew from Austrian television (OSTERREICHISCHER RUNDFUNK http://ORF.at) led by journalist MAG. BURGIT BOCK came in Anavra to perform a documentary on Anavra and interview Mr. Tsoukalas. The shots from Anavra have already been posted online (link: http://tvthek.orf.at/programs/1328-Weltjournal)
It is worth to notice that Anavra was in the past the spot of reportages and displays on the following international media:
• On 14.10.2011, on the show “The World” (www.theworld.org). It is the international co-production service between BBC (World Service) and American Public Radio Public Radio International (PRI), by the journalist CLARK BOYD.
• On 27.09.2011, on the U.S. digital channel ELLOPIA TV ASTORIA USA, (www.ellopiatv.com) by the journalist ATHINA KRIKELI.
• On 08.04.2010, on the NTDTV (www.ntdtv.com satellite independent, non-profit channel that broadcasts in America, Europe, Asia and China), by the reporters ELIAS PAPAIOANNOU, GEORGE TZOKAS (link: http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_europe/2010-10-29/146053197629.html ).
• On 25.05.2009, on DEUTSCHE WELLE TV (DW-TV, www.dw-world.de), by reporter MILTIADIS ARSENOPOULOS.